Friday, May 29, 2009

It's not ghosts, it's the wind

Do your doors suddenly slam shut? Mine do. I'm pretty sure it's not apparitions, but rather the air flow through the house on windy days. So I made these door stoppers from a free pattern featured on Oh, Fransson. This is one of my scrap-busting projects. You can use them in front of doors to keep them open, or behind them to protect something. Our bedroom balcony door wants to bang into our brand-new dresser, so I placed one between the two.

quilting,sewing

quilting,sewing

quilting,sewing

quilting,sewing


The white one I gave to a friend today. I felt like a weirdo presenting a random door stopper as a gift, but as it turns out, they'd actually been in great need of one. Weird, indeed.


quilting,sewing

There's a zipper on the bottom, and you just fill 'em up with dried beans. If you ever get hungry enough, you could eat them (I never get hungry enough to eat beans).

1 comment:

Marissa said...

LOVE those! Especially the reddish one. Very good idea!