Friday, May 15, 2009

A day off

I've been working a lot lately, and having numerous reasons to be in a bad mood. The combination is wearing me out, and today I finally have a day off. I vowed not to make plans or really go anywhere. I did go to the gym, yay me! And got my car washed.

Then I took a shower, put on sweats, didn't bother with makeup and didn't dry my hair because our swamp cooler isn't yet hooked up, and it's in the 90s outside. Wet hair is like all-day air conditioning!

I recently completed my Eiffel Tower top, aka McCall's 5803. And it's TOO DAMN BIG. This despite doing a muslin after the disaster that was my Vogue 1086 dress.

It looks good on my dress form, but I'm a bit more petite in the upper body, so I'm going to have to do a few alterations, and that really gets my goat. I'm going to make the skirt that goes with it, but I'm not doing a muslin, so there.

sewingsewingsewing

No comments: