Sunday, May 24, 2009

Spice this

I finally finished those damn Spice Socks from "2-at-a-Time Socks." I started them in early March and have had nothing but trouble. These socks make me want to curse wildly, but T-Shirt Face reads this, and I still can't drop F-bombs in front of my dad.

See this post for details on the misery of it all.

I don't think I'll give them to my mom after all because there are too many imperfections. They may not be obvious from the photos, but they aren't my best work. I'll try to make it up to her with something better.

socks, knitting projects, knitting
Spice Socks from "2-at-a-Time Socks"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark wants me to make clear that he did not like the look of the turquoise toenail polish and promptly took it off. He wanted you all to know that. But he also said it wasn't that it wasn't manly enough, but that his feet needed a better tan.

3 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

But they look so good!

Marissa said...

I'm sure the socks will get the job done: warm feet. They look fine from Maine!
On the nail polish...I sort of thought Mark might be a 'bisque' kind of guy (trying hard not to use the term "nude" here, as I don't know him, and I'm afraid of where he might go with that...).

Emily said...

They don't look imperfect. I started knitting a pair of socks about...3 years ago, and they are still sitting unfinished. It's stressful for me with all those knitting needles going every which way!