Friday, February 2, 2007

Ugly kitties need love, too!

In the forums of etsy.com, I met a special shop owner. Her shop is called Ugly Kitty.


This is Ugly Kitty:
Ugly Kitty


The owner of this shop adopted Ugly Kitty from a pound. They aren't sure what happened to her, but it may be a birth defect.

I've always felt sorry for things. As a kid, I thought that nobody liked black. I didn't like it either, but I made it my official favorite color for a while because I felt sorry for it. I also tried to adopt a yucky cat once because I thought nobody else would love it. It was gone by the time I got back. Another time, I adopted a cross-eyed cat because, again, I thought nobody would want it because it looked funny. Alas, cross-eyed cat turned out to be Satan's spawn. If you're ugly, you better be nice on the inside, is all I've got to say.

But Ugly Kitty IS nice, apparently. And her owner sells "a picture" of her cat and donates the proceeds to Cool Cat's Rescue Center, a no-kill adoption center in Annapolis. You aren't actually buying the picture. It's complicated, but visit the site, and you'll see. Basically, you are donating a dollar, and what you get is a thank you card from Ugly Kitty. OK, her name is Quasi, so I should stop calling her that. Your thank you will come with an "UglyKitty" button, and your money will help animals like Quasi!

So off you go:
www.uglykitty.etsy.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I won't be able to sleep at night anymore thinking about that thing.