Saturday, January 16, 2010

Just the thing to cheer me up

Not that I needed cheering, though I did have a massive headache today. This week's post on the Warehouse Fabrics Inc. blog was how to make this pleated handbag.

handbag,sewing,warehouse fabrics inc.

I love the fabric, and it made me feel happy using it. In addition to a full tutorial on making the bag, I also broke out separate tutorials on making a non-turn handbag strap and inserting magnetic snaps. I also have included PDFs of the pattern pieces, though I nearly pulled my hair out trying to get everything working right so they printed properly. I think I have it figured out now.

(A full list of my tutorials and projects for the site can be found here.)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! This is a great bag! Thanks for the pattern!

Middle Name Marie said...

I found your blog through Emily. Between the two of you, I am getting inspired to take up sewing. I'll let you know how it turns out :)

www.middlenamemarie.blogspot.com

moongipsies@msn.com said...

that bag is gorgeous!