Sweet, kind Emily nominated me for a blog award. Emily churns out quilts at a rate I don't even have time to dream of. She makes beautiful, inspiring things.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Paste the award on your blog
3. Link the person who nominated you
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself
5. Nominate 7 blogs
6. Post links to those 7 blogs
7 things about me:
1. I adore cats. Everything about cats. But I don't decorate my house with cat objects.
2. I am a really picky eater. Being pregnant and not feeling well makes it really hard to eat.
3. I really want a tail, like a cat or a monkey has. But only if everyone has one and not just me.
4. I think that organizing things is the most fun ever. Like closets, laundry rooms, etc. Anything.
5. I used to be heavily in debt and loved to buy things -- anything at all. Money was no object -- it wasn't money anyway, but a credit card, right? Once I buckled down to pay it all off, I became a serious cheapskate. It's stuck with me.
6. I hate the winter and constantly worry about homeless people and cold animals. Cows, puppies, birds, all of them.
7. When I was 3, I rolled down an airplane window and touched a cloud. Yes, I did. I swear.
Seven blogs I like (besides Emily's):
1. Chickenbone Jones (Amy) - boy, Amy has a way of telling any old story in a hilarious way. Lately, though, it got a bit sad when her little dog became paralyzed right after she brought her new daughter home from the hospital.
2. All Things G&D - Inspiring home decor and a pregnancy blog that came at just the right time. She's just adorable, this girl.
3. Hip Stitch - A local fabric shop run by lovely and inspiring ladies.
4. Living and Knitting on a Maine Island (Marissa) - Marissa lives on a tiny Maine island that was recently featured on Oprah. It has a post office, but no full-time stores or restaurants. I find it fascinating.
5. Kerry Litka|Small Things Considered - She had me at "Freakishly Small Since 1976"
6. Quelle Erqsome - I'm fascinated by her life in England. Even though I believe she's from Canada, I still read her blog posts in a British accent. If I ever met her, I might be confused.
7. Attack of the Redneck Mommy - This woman is just hilarious. A little crass, so be forewarned if you've got a stick up your buttocks.