Monday, October 6, 2008

Healthy salmon salad

I just ate something that was delicious AND healthy. That never happens to me. It's really simple, and I got the idea from Parade Magazine, but you must, must try it!

Salmon Salad

Salmon
Low-fat mayo
Dijon mustard
Onion, the wee-est bit
Salt
Pepper
Salad Greens
Avocado
Vinaigrette


I baked the salmon, lightly seasoned, in advance and put it in the fridge. I used what would probably be two servings of salmon for me, but for many people it might be one. I didn't really weigh it. Later, when it was time to make the meal, I peeled off the skin and sort of mushed it with my fingers into a bowl -- maybe shredded is a better term.
Then I added one tablespoon each of low-fat mayo and mustard, a wee bit of diced onion and salt and pepper to taste.

Place greens in bowl and toss with one tablespoon of vinaigrette. Add some sliced avocado and place the salmon mixture on top.

For me, this made enough for two small servings.

No comments: