Monday, May 21, 2007

Day 6, Hawaii: ready to come home

This is where our trip wraps up. We were catching a red eye at 10:45 p.m., so we had all day. But ever since the boat ride, I'd been feeling crappy. We decided to head up to the north side of the island, but we were both feeling incredibly wiped out.

We stopped and ate lunch at a little place with a nice view. I had fish that tasted and looked like chicken. I think I was tricked. Remember how I told you there were chickens everywhere?
Anyway, there were all these little birds begging for food, and some were remarkably cute!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The red one thought he was the you-know-what. I felt sorry for the little brown ones.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
There was one little bird that would pick up food and put it in the other bird's mouth. The other bird looked able-bodied to me, so I'm not sure how it worked out this excellent deal. He must have had something on that other guy. The red one is feeding the brown one.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We shopped a little and had a lost-phone panic attack, but it turned out to be in the car. We then headed back to the hotel. The plane was PACKED. It was miserable. It went faster than the ride out there because we slept most of the time, but sleeping was so uncomfortable. Our seats were against the bathrooms and didn't recline.
It was dark on the plane, and at one point I opened my eyes to fix my pillow and was looking at the bathroom right behind me on the other side of the aisle. Some guy was peeing and had his butt showing -- the door apparently swung open and he didn't notice. Poor guy. I just closed my eyes really quickly and pretended not to have seen.

No comments: