Monday, April 30, 2007

I am still alive

I'm sure nobody noticed that I haven't posted for a week or so because probably nobody reads this blog anyway, but here's an update:

Started filling in as assistant city desk editor on Saturday. It wasn't as scary as I expected, but today is my first weekday doing it, which is when there are more people around, including bosses.

Got a bunch of orders! Right before I left for the ACES conference, I got orders for 4 bags. Then I returned and got to work. Just as I was finishing the last one yesterday, I got orders for 5 more bags for three people.
This is great for me, although I'm busy as heck because I also have to work and I have to make two garments for my design class finals. One of the garments is cut and ready to sew. The other needs a new muslin of just the back bodice. I have to unstitch the old back bodice and sew it all back together. I'm hoping those were the last adjustments and then I can cut the real fabric and sew.

On top of all that, I'm doing a craft fair this summer on two occasions and I need to stock up on items to sell. I am also going to Hawaii soon, so if anyone has any extra time to lend me, that would be great.

No comments: