Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cuter than Superman

I made a cape. That's right ... a cape. And in the pictures below, I look fairly bad. I think I can come up with a better outfit for it. It's reversible, khaki on one side, white on the other. I used the Sweet Es-Cape pattern from Favorite Things.

Photobucket

I'd like to take a minute to discuss Favorite Things as a company. The pattern contains sizes from 4-22, and only gives one amount for the fabric requirements. Therefore, the fabric requirements must accommodate a size 22. I made the size 4 or 6, I can't recall, and found that I had 1/2-5/8 yards of both fabrics left over, plus quite a bit more that was barely cut into. I sent an email detailing how much extra money I'd spent than I really needed to, and they were nice enough to make it up to me with a new pattern of my choice.

I decided to post here because I appreciate and want to promote companies that care about customer service. The take care of customers AND have cute patterns! What's not to love?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made a few blocks from my Cubic Rhythm quilt. I think I can finish the quilt top today, since it really consists of seven large blocks and two borders. I've done 5 of the blocks already.

quiltingquilting

Finished quilt in magazine photo:

quilting

(my fabrics are from the same line, but in different color versions. I had a hard time tracking down all the ones I needed.)

3 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Great cape... very clever!!

minikmimik said...

was really very good cape ... very nice fabrics desenide

Kyle Smith said...

Cool article! More people need to read that! You should put it on Wacanai.com(http://www.wacanai.com/intro). People post all sorts of articles and instructions on how to make cool stuff. You can link your website to it too. When people search for similar stuff on Wacanai your article will pop up. This should drive a lot more traffic to your article. You can even track how much more traffic you are getting because they have a bunch of graphs and stuff that show how many people are reading your article and how many people are using your info.