Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Let me go!

Another way I'm trying to simplify my life is by cutting back on all the Web sign-ups I have. I have a piece of paper jam-packed with user names and passwords. Much of it is related to business-promotion and having profiles at every possible place. But I never log in or use them. There are also lots of other misc. places I have logins for.

I decided to start closing them down -- not just ignoring them. I can't believe how hard it is. 99% of the places do not have an automated option to close your account. If you spend enough time searching, some have instructions on how to do it buried somewhere. Many don't. Lots of places require you to contact them, and then they take days to respond, if ever, and plead with you not to go.

My advice is to think twice about signing up at various sites, because they don't make it easy for you to go.

No comments: