Friday, September 25, 2009

Grab yer needles

See this?

yarn

All wooly and red and thick and thin (MY FAVORITE)?

yarn

All eight-plus skeins?!!

It was free! Free, I tell you! Can you believe someone gave it to me? I did a swap in exchange for the knitting bags I wrote about before. But, I really feel like the winner here.

Now that it's fall, I've really been in the mood to start knitting. I got into a bit of a lull over the summer. I'm nearly done with a beautiful hat that I will show you soon.

I was wondering what to do with this wonderful gift. I started flipping through my knitting books, looking for something that takes big, bulky yarn but not a whole lot of it. Eight skeins really doesn't go far when it's this big.

I found this pattern in "Fitted Knits" that I had marked a while ago. I have yet to make anything from this book, and that bugs me all the time. I feel like I wasted my money on it because I have yet to use it. (Receipt inside book shows I bought it Sept. 5, 2008).

knitting projects,knitting projects, sweater

The Carie Cropped Flared-Sleeve Cardigan. I think that may be it, peeps!

But, wait! That's not all!

I came across this pattern for a capelet and was forced to buy it. I tried to remind myself that I sewed this cape recently and feel really weird wearing it.

Somehow, I'm sure this will be different.

knitting projects

I ordered Knit Picks City Tweed in Lemon Curd.

Knit Picks City Tweed

2 comments:

moongipsies said...

the yarn looks very nummy

Emily said...

I'm so jealous of your knitting ability. My skills end with the creation of a plain ol' scarf!