Friday, September 25, 2009

Grab yer needles

See this?


All wooly and red and thick and thin (MY FAVORITE)?


All eight-plus skeins?!!

It was free! Free, I tell you! Can you believe someone gave it to me? I did a swap in exchange for the knitting bags I wrote about before. But, I really feel like the winner here.

Now that it's fall, I've really been in the mood to start knitting. I got into a bit of a lull over the summer. I'm nearly done with a beautiful hat that I will show you soon.

I was wondering what to do with this wonderful gift. I started flipping through my knitting books, looking for something that takes big, bulky yarn but not a whole lot of it. Eight skeins really doesn't go far when it's this big.

I found this pattern in "Fitted Knits" that I had marked a while ago. I have yet to make anything from this book, and that bugs me all the time. I feel like I wasted my money on it because I have yet to use it. (Receipt inside book shows I bought it Sept. 5, 2008).

knitting projects,knitting projects, sweater

The Carie Cropped Flared-Sleeve Cardigan. I think that may be it, peeps!

But, wait! That's not all!

I came across this pattern for a capelet and was forced to buy it. I tried to remind myself that I sewed this cape recently and feel really weird wearing it.

Somehow, I'm sure this will be different.

knitting projects

I ordered Knit Picks City Tweed in Lemon Curd.

Knit Picks City Tweed


moongipsies said...

the yarn looks very nummy

MLE said...

I'm so jealous of your knitting ability. My skills end with the creation of a plain ol' scarf!