Friday, September 18, 2009

If I knew how dirty my carpet was ...

... I'd have been wearing galoshes through my house at all times.

I'd like to thank whoever it was who gave me this carpet steam cleaner for my wedding in 2005. I am kicking myself for not using it sooner. Now that I think about it, I don't think the carpet in my house has ever been cleaned beyond regular vacuuming in the 10 years the house has existed.

organize

I keep going over the same rooms again and again, only to dump out more murky, black water. I'm determined to keep doing it until the water is clean. I just can't believe I've been lying around on these carpets. Or even touching them with my feet.

2 comments:

will work for fabric said...

We tore out all of our main floor carpeting last year and put in hard woods and I am embarrassed to say what kind of filth lurked below the surface, even with regular cleaning. Yikes!

Erin said...

I have that steam cleaner and it's awesome! I'm not really sure it ever gets "clean". We shoot for no stains and no smell and the next house will have all hard floors :)

I just subscribed to your blog. I'm going to attempt to make your boxy bag!