Thursday, August 9, 2007

Recent show

Not having immersed myself much in the art world during my lifetime, I was unaware of First Friday events. OK, I'm still not sure if it's a local thing or a widespread thing, but I guess art studios on the first Friday of each month open up to the public and the artists display and sell their items.

Some friends of mine, Ren and Ken, aka Plastic Pumpkin and Skintillate, respectively, share a studio at Factory on Fifth in Albuquerque. I participated in their First Friday event this month. I did sell one bag right off the bat, which was exciting. Ren bought another one later. It was $25 to participate, plus 20%, so in the end, I came out ahead. I look forward to participating in more, especially closer to Christmas.

Here are some photos of my booth, and an exciting action shot of me!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: