Sunday, July 31, 2011

Partying like a true Brock Star

On Friday, my dad and stepmom retired. Yay for them! On Saturday, we partied.

Brock grew weary of sitting peacefully, and the dance floor was empty, so we set him free. He wobbled and tottered all about with his hands in the air, sometimes one of them splayed across his face as though he simply couldn't believe something.


Then he took off for the band. He discovered their maracas and said, to nobody in particular, "Don't mind if I doooooo!" in a voice that sounded strangely similar to Homer Simpson's. And off he ran, right through the stage and all of the instrument cords.



Yep, that's my kid. The one running loose and getting underfoot. The one stealing instruments and the show. Nope. He doesn't take after shy Mommy. He's more like Daddy, who is always happy to be on TV or radio.

He would toddle toward someone with the world's biggest smile on his face, and they'd open their arms to greet him, and at the last second, he'd swerve. DENIED. Little tease with the big eyes.

With grandpa:



I do have some video, shot on someone else's camera, so maybe I'll eventually get it. And we'll have some pictures soon of the whole shindig.

In other news, my brother and his family are coming all the way from Maine this week to visit. I have never met my youngest niece, and none of them have met Brock. It's a family reunion I am so excited for!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Congrats to them on their retirement! I know you will all enjoy your 'reunion', how great to get the cousins together- have a blast! (Just put out a mic and guitar for Brock, and you'll have instant entertainment.)