Thursday, March 10, 2011

A wee quilt for my wee boy

I recently mentioned that I was visiting Emily's blog and spotted her cute kid's quilt made from Moda charm packs. It made me miss quilting, and it seemed like a quick and easy project that I was willing to take on.

I grabbed a couple of Max & Whiskers charm packs from Basic Grey for Moda and ordered 1-1/2 yards of one of the fabrics for the backing. I used 1/2 yard of another fabric for the binding, though that was cutting it close.

Here is the front:

Quilt

Here is the back:

Quilt

Close up of some of the fabrics. No, my corners don't always line up, but I try really hard.

Quilt

I had an embroidered quilt tag made by esty.com seller From the Heart Creations. She was great about working with me to create a label that fit his full name.

Quilt

This got me excited about quilting. I've already started on another charm pack quilt, this one with sashing. It's using the Dream On collection and has a vintage sheets feel to it. I'm already on my way with that one, so I'll have pics soon. I'm not sure who it's for yet. I guess I'll see how big it turns out and decide if it's a baby quilt or a lap quilt.

Quilt

Photobucket

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I love it- love the grown-up, non-pastel colors. I wonder if this will be Brock's future Can't-Be-Without-It Blankie...if so, it's a good choice. It would be mine!!

Emily said...

That was fast!!! Brock will love it!! I love the line you chose, and that Dream On line is full of vintage love! Love the quilt and can't wait to see what you're working on!