Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Playing tag

Baby tag blankets are a quick and easy project, and they are a nice way to use up scraps.

The only thing is, the ribbon can get pricey if you don't have scraps of that on hand. And I never seem to have the right colors.

baby,tag blanket,sewing

I am making shopping cart covers for me and a friend, and I used leftover scraps from that for this project.

baby,tag blanket,sewing

The back is fleece. I used different colored, sized and textured ribbons, along with rick-rack. I made it small for little hands to handle.

He seems to like it.

Brock,tag blanket,sewing,baby

I remember when I was little and would take a nap and my mom would sew up a present for me.

1 comment:

Julie Crooks said...

If you buy up remnant ribbon from stores you'll get a nice stash. Also, Hobby Lobby frequently has great sales on entire spools. They always have their 40% coupons each week, too. And Joann's lets you stack coupons, including competitor ones.