Monday, February 4, 2008

What's new? Not me.

A few announcements:
1. I have a new niece. She lives in Maine, so I probably won't get to meet her until she's 4. I don't even know her name yet. My brother sent a picture, but no other information. I would post it, but in the past he's been quite protective of pictures of his family.

2. It's my birthday on Thursday. That means this is my birthday week. I like to drag out the celebration as much as possible. I will be 34. Every year of my life, I've been excited for the next birthday. Except this one. This is the first time that I felt like screaming, "slooooow dowwwn!"
I always admired my mom's life. It seems to improve and become more rich and fruitful with every year. That's how it seems to me. I thought, "isn't it lovely getting to middle age?!"
But all of a sudden, I'm not feeling it. I mean, I know I'm not approaching middle age, but what if I get a gray hair? What if I get a wrinkle? What if I have a baby someday and my stomach looks saggy forever because I'm too old to snap back?
I used to think that crow's feet added character. What was wrong with me?

I want that attitude back, and I'm sure it will return soon. I bet 34 will be the most fun year of my life! Right?

3 comments:

T-shirt Face said...

34, eh? Might as well buy some Depends and Poligrip. And think how it feels to be the father of a 34 year-old.

Robyn said...

Hmmm. Good point. At least I'm not you!

Amy said...

oh oh oh! i'm late! i HATE being late! happy birthday, robyn! hi, t-shirt face!